turning netgear R7800 router into the access router from the tp-link6C4C router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-27 05:40:27
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version:

I have the tp-link 6C4C router Hardware version TL-WR841N v. 14.  It is located outside my building on the wall within a glass box connected to the modem Zoom sent me to hook it up to.  I have it connected to my computer in my office via ethernet.  My grandson's room is 100 feet away from this building and I want to connect his computer up to the internet.  I bought him a R7800 Netgear Router Nighthawk.  I plan to also place it within a glass case outside his building underneath the facia plate.  (These are metal buildings).  I read the video on how to turn my grandson's router into a access point router, and I think I have it, but I am not sure.  I will not be connecting the netgear router to any port in the tp-link router, it will have to be done wirelessly as that is the reason I went with Zoom because they assured me that I would not have to run a ethernet cable line all the way over to my grandson's room in order for him to access the internet.  to date I haven't tried setting this up, but I keep getting confused as to the two routers.  He has a Ps4 playstation and he has dish network TV and also a Xboxone console he wants all these hooked to the internet, when I finally get the interenet to his computer, can I just use a ethernet cable to hook his receiver for dish to the computer to use the internet and the same thing with the playstation and the xbox?  this is all beyond me, but they do not have a technician available in my area, so I am winging it.  

Troubled in Texas

WKolacek

Options
1 Reply
Re:turning netgear R7800 router into the access router from the tp-link6C4C router
2019-11-27 16:19:12

@wkolacek 

If you are looking to connect two routers wirelessly to pass the internet connection you only need to configure the second router. You would not do anything to the TP-Link, but need to see if the netgear router has WDS bridging or a repeater mode. Once that is done the netgear should be getting internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1004

Replies: 1

Related Articles