How can I determine what a device is on my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-27 15:59:16
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I'm a new user and need to locate my Tivo recorder on the network to open ports for it to work (everything else is working). When the devices were added to the network some have weird names that are impossible to decipher. How do I determine what hardware device is 09AA01C291602MU or BRW5413799F9437 - a google search turns up nothing? I need to point the open ports to the correct device, right?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I determine what a device is on my network
2019-11-27 16:31:40

@Miatapa 

Look on your Tivo, mainly the sticker labels to see if there is a MAC address referenced on it, then you can compare it with the connected devices to determine which device it is.

Here is what I also found regarding Tivo as far as potentially finding the IP your recorder has: https://support.tivo.com/articles/Knowledge/How-to-Configure-Network-Settings-on-your-TiVo-Device

Options
Re:How can I determine what a device is on my network
2019-11-27 23:29:22

Thank you, I figured it out (rookie mistake). It wasn't showing on the network because it was still plugged into the old modem/router that I had changed into a bridge. Plugged it into the Deco and everything happened easily. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 918

Replies: 2

Related Articles