Deco Speed slower than such with Router's Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-30 21:40:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.14

Just got the Deco M5 system (3 units) and set it up in my home. Overall everything is great, I see the big boost in signal in places wher eI used to not have signal, however I have a speed issue.

I have AT&T 1G Fiber, if I test speed with the Deco app I see around 820Mbps (which is OK), however when I try it directly going to Ookta (with laptop) I get much worse speeds than expected. I did a couple tests and I'm getting around 200Mbps, however if I check the exact same thing connecting through AT&T's router wifi I get over 350 Mbps (see screenshot with history of tests

A couple things to note:

- Deco network is free, only my current device is running

- I'm right next to one of the Deco devices

- I've tested this setting the Deco network bout as "Router" and "Access Point" mode

I have to say that this is very dissapointing to say the least.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Speed slower than such with Router's Wifi
2019-12-02 19:46:47

@rhaces 

A couple of this to note:

1.  Is the ATT modem in bridge mode or is it also routing?

2.  If it is routing is it also generating a WiFi network?

3.  When testing are you choosing the closest server?  The screenshot show distance as greater than 50 miles.  The Deco app's test will show speeds based on the closest server.  4.  Have you tested speed directly from the ATT modem/gateway?

5.  What firmware version are you using on the Deco?

6.  Are you test from the Deco on WiFi or Wired?

Options
Re:Deco Speed slower than such with Router's Wifi
2020-03-23 15:05:24

@rhaces I am having a similar issue. I cannot turn off my modem/router's wifi so I have a double NAT. I pay for 400 internet and I get that speed when I perform a speed test on the modem/router wifi. It seems to be topping out at 250-300 when I run a speed test on the M9 network.

Options