TL-WR941HP V.2 Bandwidth Control does not exist and QoS not working in controlling bandwidth

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR941HP V.2 Bandwidth Control does not exist and QoS not working in controlling bandwidth

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-02 02:00:07
Model: TL-WR941HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-WR941HP(UN)_V2_171225

I bought this router model TL-WR941Hp V2... and sad to say it does not have bandwidth controll like configuring the ingress and egress of every PC..i saw in youtube that the V1 of this model can control the bandwidth i tried to downgrade the firmware to V1 but it got error...By the way QoS is not working properly even i set a PC to 1% it still gives 100% speed on the adjusted PC...please TP-Link can you have another Firmware for this V2. of TL-WR941HP i dont wanna buy another router just to get the Bandwidth control user interface...please make an action to this..

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR941HP V.2 Bandwidth Control does not exist and QoS not working in controlling bandwidth
2019-12-02 21:59:49

@Keithz 

The TL-WR941HP is not a model that is sold in the US so we would not be able to release any firmware for the product here.  Also in many of our router Bandwidth control was replaced with QOS.  I went to our emulator for this router on our EN or global community site and the product's QOS does allow you to set engress and ingress speeds of your connection.  https://emulator.tp-link.com/webpages-tlwr941hp_un_Router/src/index.html.  The lowest you can set you low piroity to would be 5%.  Since this is not a US product the support we can provide is limited to basic troubleshooting. Such as checking the hardware, helping check the settings and power cycling.  If you are looking for more indepth research into the software we would recommend contact our global support @ Support@tp-link.com who may be able to provide more insight into the router itself.  

Also QOS does not limit the bandwidth persay.  The priortiy levels simply gaurantee that % of speed to those particular devices.  In times where Bandwidth is available a device in a lower pirorty will or should get rather access to higher speeds.  Only when Bandwidth usage is a factor will the priority reservations be engaged. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1291

Replies: 1