Archer C4000 slow to respond wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-03 01:45:54

I have the Archer C4000 router.  It works well except that when I start using my desktop after it's been idle for a while it takes about 20-30 seconds for the internet to connect.  This desktop is connected by wired LAN cable.  All the wireless stuff is fine.  Any idea what's up?

Thanks,

Moses

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C4000 slow to respond wired
2019-12-04 20:28:50

@slowRouter 

Leave the computer awake, disconnect it and then reconnect connect it several minutes later. Does the internet connection work quickly?

If that works normal it has to do with the computer in it starting up, then acquiring and internet connection.

What you describe is what other people report with their computers as well when searching online: Link

Options
2019-12-08 00:39:13

@Tony Actually if I disconnect the computer and reconnect I get the same delay before the internet connects.  It's about 10-20 seconds, just enough to be annoying.

I also messed around with the network card power settings and didn't get anywhere with that.

Options
2019-12-08 15:51:43 - last edited 2019-12-08 15:52:47

What power settings? Is the NIC set to allow it to turn-off to save power in the Properties? Is the computer coming out of sleep when this happens?

Also, the power bus could be powered down during sleep, there is a setting in the power plan to change this.

Options
2019-12-08 16:02:36

@IrvSp I disabled the power saving feature.  I also tried an update of the network card driver.  Yes it's coming out of sleep when this happens.

I took a look at windows 10 power options advanced.  Changed Wireless Adapter Settings and PCI Express both to maximum performance but that still didn't work.  Is that what you were getting at?

By the way, this problem started immediately after switching routers.

Options
2019-12-08 16:52:07

@slowRouter ,

Yes, I was thinking a power plan setting.

Network adapter on the motherboard or external? USB? Power settings for that need to be changed too.

Next place to look is the Security suite I guess? Disable that for a few minutes, put the pc to sleep and then wake up and see what happens.

New router only? Was the IP Address changed from the old router? Have 2 possible connections for the device? I'd delete them all and redo the connection and see if that helps?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1364

Replies: 5