M9 Plus fast on a cell phone, dog slow on a colocated laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-03 02:13:01
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Ok, installed 3 M9 pucks last night.  2 are on the same floor, one as the master plugged into my FiOS router.  FiOS router WiFi is off, and the Deco is using the old FiOS SSID.  The second unit on the same floor has an ethernet backhaul. Speed test throughout the house using my cell and the Ookla app is great--I have 75/75 FiOS.  As I'm sitting at this laptop, I'm getting 70s for up/down on my cell.  This laptop, BTW, is located between the two wired Decos, though closer to the slave unit than the master.  Not more than 30 ft from either.  Deco hard wired to the router is getting 80+/80+.

SOOOOOO, why am I getting speeds ranging from 8-15 Mbps on the WiFi laptop when the WiFi phone on the keyboard of said laptop is getting 76/69+?!  I've plugged the laptop into the router and deleted/reinstalled the wifi drivers.  Multiple reboots.  Forgot the network, and reconnected from scratch.  Rebooted again for giggles becuase i know I'll get asked that. I obviously have great signal here, yet the latop is sucking wind, badly.

Any help greatly apprciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:M9 Plus fast on a cell phone, dog slow on a colocated laptop
2019-12-04 21:42:30

@Wolf759 

Initially it sounds like your phone just has a better Wi-Fi antenna then your laptop. If both your cell phone and laptop were slow then that would point to the Deco.

What you can do is see what node your laptop is connecting to. It might be connected to the main Deco unit rather then the two satallite ones.

Open your Deco app, tap on the wire globe icon, then which ever Deco is selected, will show the connected clients.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 1

Related Articles