Kasa switch no longer a selection in ifttt

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-06 22:19:12
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Last year I setup a couple of applets to turn hs210 on/off using TP-link Kasa.  Now I want to add more, but ifttt applet creation no longer provide a link to this switch as an "action".  It only shows TP-link router. Any help will be appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa switch no longer a selection in ifttt
2019-12-11 19:19:56

@dickey38 

The HS210 appears to be selectable on our end. You may need to relink Kasa back to IFTTT. Make sure the HS210 can be controlled remotely in the Kasa app to make sure that is currently working.

Options
2019-12-28 08:38:42

@Tony 

I just linked my account into IFTTT today.  I can select kasa devices as "that" targets, but I can't select them as "this" triggers, when I search for TPLink after clicking on "this" when creating a new applet I only see an option for TPLink Routers which I don't even own.  This shouldn't be related to whether or not the device is already linked to the account, why isn't it available as an option?  Especially if it was there in the past.

Options
2020-01-16 16:49:07

@cran1um 

Kasa was never a trigger for IFTTT in the past. The reason I know is that I initialy believed it was. Last year I spoke with one of the smart home developers about this, but there was no mention if Kasa would be a trigger like the router skill.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1882

Replies: 3