WiFi router connect to wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-07 19:52:52
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: To-link

I have difficult to connect a WiFi router to the modem from spectrum 

Options
6 Reply
Re:WiFi router connect to wireless
2019-12-08 14:27:09

@Saidmah 

Saidmah wrote

I have difficult to connect a WiFi router to the modem from spectrum 

What is the problem and what have you tried?

Assuming the Spectrum device is actually a modem, all you need do is connect the modem to the WAN port on the router, the same cable from the modem to the PC is used.

What have you tried? Describe the steps? Also, what is the Spectrum modem?

In some cases the modem will NOT recognize the router after a PC (or other router) was connected to it? In that case both the router and modem have to be powered off. Then turn on the modem and wait it is fully up, and only then turn on the router. Then they should connect.

If you still have problems what are the lights showing on the modem and router?

Options
2020-04-15 03:29:38

@IrvSp

I have the same issue I download the teather for my android phone follow up the installation create both 2.4 and 5. Gz wireless then ask to confirm what type of connection i have from spectrum, what I dont know press auto config to find what type and return with ip static continue to next step and create ane name both types of 2.4 and 5 and finish.

When I try to reconnect to the wifi I let me connect but then show that the router is not connect to the internet I end up give up, reboot twice and nothing, still the same and turn back to my old router.

Whatw wrong with this router I never had any issue with netgear and got this new on sale that's why i move to tp link

Options
2020-04-15 14:22:40

@Chabmax 

Not a lot to go on here.

What Router is this?

If you had a NG router connected before, how was that set up? Did you turn off the modem before connecting the router?

Chabmax wrote

then ask to confirm what type of connection i have from spectrum, what I dont know press auto config to find what type and return with ip static

Do you actually have a STATIC IP Address? Unusual for Spectrum, at least for Residential accounts. Generally Dynamic IP... not Static. If it is static, you should know your WAN IP Address and enter that?

It usually is best to use a browser to set up a router. IP address of the router would generally be 192.168.0.1. Enter that into a browser URL and press enter and then supply your UserID and Password. Set it up that way.

Options
2020-04-15 23:53:31
I didnt turn off my modem, i didnt try that maybe i should do that. My new router is a archer c2300. My previous one a netgear 6300 was something that i plug and was working right away. Maybe different settings
Options
2020-04-16 20:34:22

@Chabmax 

Modems can remember the MAC address of what they were connected to and when a new device is connected, they may not communicate with the new device. Powering off the modem and back on will clear that and it then will get the MAC address of the device connected to it and operate with it.

Options
2020-04-30 21:42:24
Options