HS 210 wiring diagram

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS 210 wiring diagram

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS 210 wiring diagram
HS 210 wiring diagram
2019-12-07 21:38:46
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the HS210? We did a remodel and installed all new TP Link smart switches. We added 3 way switches for one set of lights and have not been able to get them to work. I have contacted tech support and painfully she asked me a few questions that were hard to understand, but she stated my switches are fine and that it is a wiring issue. I am not able to find a wiring diagram or anything that states where I should have power. One of the switches flashes WiFi all the time after I have connected it to my app. The other will only flash WiFi sometimes. 

One the first switch I have power at both carriers and no where else. The second switch I have power on both carriers and the load wire. If I push either switch it doesnt change where I have power. If I take a jumper wire on switch one and jump from a carrier to the load wire the lights come on. I would assume by pushing the switch it should change having power either on or off. 

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS 210 wiring diagram
2019-12-08 00:11:28

@trucker65330 

This is a standard 3 way wiring.

Just add the connection for the white wire from the 210 to the white wire in the diagram.

And Green to Green.

Options
2019-12-11 20:28:49

@trucker65330 

Here is also a FAQ with general installation questions: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2009/

Options
2019-12-24 21:00:08

@B.Will 

Below is a really bad drawing of my wiring, but I have verified it for the 100th time. I am convinced I have a bad switch, but cant find anywhere to get readings for a working switch.  More wiring color is to represent the different wiring not the actual color. Where I have drawn the stars I am getting 110 volts. The load wire on the one switch is at 0 volts and does not change when I press and release either switch. If I jump from the Traveler wires the lights come on, but nothing happens if I press either switch. I am not able to get different voltage readings at either switch. I have called and talked to the tech support team and they have me answer a few questions and then tell me its a wiring problem. Any suggestions???

Options
2020-11-19 01:53:53

@trucker65330

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11410

Replies: 4