KASA device blocking internet over Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-12 19:49:11

Yesterday I picked up a KL50 bulb and HS105 plug.  I'm using a TL-WR1043N router on one end of my house connected to an Archer A7 router (lan to lan). Before connecting the KASA bulb and plug I had no issues with either router. Wired and wifi work great.

Whenever I connect the bulb and switch, my other wifi connections all lose internet connection. I can still log into the wifi with phones, laptop, tablets and see router settings but I can't connect to the internet.

But I can still control the bulb and switch over my phone. In fact I'm at work now, miles away on my phone's LTE connection, and the KASA app still shows the switch and bulb connected, and appears to still have the ability to control them. So I'm assuming the WIFI is still delivering an internet connection to the bulb and switch. So that part is working great.

Unplugging my routers resets them temporarily, but they all lose internet whenever a device switches signals.

What do I need to do to get wifi to the rest of my devices permanently?

Options
3 Reply
Re:KASA device blocking internet over Wi-Fi
2019-12-12 21:34:29

@Traxxyun 

A few questions so we can better understand the situation.  You have two router connected to each other via ethernet, which one is the primary router connected to your ISP modem.  The 2nd router, how is it configured?  does it still operate as a router or is it setup as an AP or in AP mode?  

Its almost impossible for a client device to knock out the internet service for other client devices so we need an better understanding of your network enviroment before we can help.

Options
2019-12-13 13:02:50

@Carl 

I went and looked over everything, the second router had been set as an AP. I hadn't disabled DHCP though.

It looks like everything is working great now. Thanks for your help

Options
2020-09-30 05:29:25
I'm having the same issue. I'm using a single wireless router.
Options