Why does it want a new password from me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-14 20:26:13
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: newest

I installed this router last year and set up with the tether app. Anytime I updated it or reset it I would simply select the device in the app. It would auto login and that would be it.

I was messing around on it today and noticed it had a firmware upgrade available. So I upgrade it, everything still works etc.

Now when I select that router in list of my devices. Instead of logging me right in it asks me for a password? It already has what I assume is my main password for the account on it yet it doesn't work. Uhm....I know for a fact I wouldn't have made 2 different passwords for the same thing. Tried every PW I use tried "admin"

Is this a bug? 

It still seems like I can log in from the website version but I want to be able to use the app for this. I even reset my password and it still says its wrong for anything other than main login. Even tried the default wifi password. 

Not sure what the model is. . It has the 3 antennas so it could be 3 different ones going by those little pictures. Its called Archer V7 in the app though. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why does it want a new password from me?
2019-12-18 00:04:26

@ThatLetter 

Re-install the Tether app, and if possible get another smart device load Tether and see if that can log into the router without issue.

If neither help, I would look at factory defauting the router to make sure there wasn't any issues during the update then try the Tether app again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 1

Related Articles