RE200 Not Picking Up Router's SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-17 18:38:08 - last edited 2019-12-17 19:44:52
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My RE200 does not pick up my WiFi network for some reason. My Router SSID is set to broadcast and every other device I have connects to it without issue, but when I run the RE200 quick setup in the web browser, it picks up literally every SSID in range except for mine. My router is broadcasting at 2.4GHz, but I tried setting it to 5GHz and still no luck. Entering the SSID and MAC manually also does not work. What can I do to get my RE200 to pick up my WiFi network?

Notes:

- WPS pairing also does not work.

- The tether app does not recognize my RE200 even when connected to the TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz network.

- The web browser set up works fine when connected to TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz, it just doesn't pick up my router's SSID.

- I have tried resetting my router and the RE200 multiple times.

- I am using an ARRIS Surfboard SBG6580-2 router. I have used this same router with this same RE200 to extend other wifi networks in my previous homes, but for some reason it isn't working in my current house. 

EDIT: I notice in the web browser installation that there are exactly 64 networks picked up (I'm in a densely populated area). Because 64 is base 2, it makes me thinks that maybe that is coded as the max number of networks to pick up, and the reason my SSID isn't picked up is because there are too many to scan through?

Any help appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE200 Not Picking Up Router's SSID
2019-12-18 22:14:15

@snus 

If the Range Extender sees other networks then there is no reason why it is not seeing your network.   WPS may fail if WPS is not enabled on the router, but as long as the network is broacasting your RE should see it.  A few things to try:  1.  Change your SSID name.  2.  change the Channel your router is operating on.  3.  Make sure your network name is not Hidden.  4.  Move the extender closer to the router, until setup is complete.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 1

Related Articles