Is there a color fade effect?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-28 04:50:41
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.11

I was wondering if there are effects that change the colors of the lights. I want to have my light fade through the color spectrum but I don't know if I'm able to do it. Is it possible?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Is there a color fade effect?
2019-12-31 19:19:25

@riedya21 

Kind of.  This feature is under Schedules.  It is a fade in or a fade out feature tied to an On or Off schedule.  It will work with "preset" color settings however we do not currently have this feature for when you are just using the app or voice assistants to turn on the lights.  

Options
2020-01-23 01:00:37
This would be a great feature. Please add this as a feature request!
Options
2021-01-17 17:15:26

Hello,

Is this going to be a planned feature for the app? It will be the determining factor of whether I return the bulbs or not...

Options
2021-12-15 02:30:28

@Carl It's been a couple years since you posted your reply. I'm guessing Kasa has no plans to allow TP-Link Smart Bulbs to fade between colors.

Has any progress been made?

Options
2021-12-15 17:01:52

@kareemy 

Support is never updated on what features are or are not being added.  It is possible but i simply can't say for certain.  All I can do is add it to the request form, which i will do, and forward it to the product team for review. 

Options
2022-01-13 15:18:59

@riedya21 this would be an excellent addition that I would use often! Right now I have to schedule it and I have to do a significant amount of advanced planning. So this should be a new added feature!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5054

Replies: 6