looking for a range extender that requires username and password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-29 01:09:05

Looking to try & extend a xfinity wireless public network in my home so would like to get a wifi range extender. Looking for an extender model that will require me to input username & password to connect to a specified Xfinity SSID/hotspot. The ones I have seen seem to only allow you to input the password for the SSID. I need to be able to input BOTH. Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:looking for a range extender that requires username and password
2019-12-31 20:05:01

@mcf57 

Range Extenders will use the Wifi Credentials of the network they are extending.  There is no way to "customize" and give an extender its own credentials.  The best you can do is set a seperate SSID.  However your client devices are still connecting through the source so typically would be visible to any device on that network.  Also a range Extender must be placed in range of a Source and provided a good signal from that source in order to provide a good signal to client devices.  

The way you have described your intended setup would not be possible with a range extender.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1113

Replies: 1

Related Articles