Deco p9 question before I buy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-01 17:36:47
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Not sure

I'm interested in buying it if it will fix my WiFi issue with my x6s netgear from Costco.

I been having WiFi issue on my x6s netgear on my 1230 square feet apartment I tried everything in settings.

Will this work great with my 150 mbps internet connection ?

I stream 4 k Content and I game on my Xbox one x

Will it connect fine with my 2.4 ghz printers ?
 Deco p9

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco p9 question before I buy
2020-01-06 22:56:46

@Alexrat1996 

If it is wireless connectivity you are looking at I would look at the Deco M9. The main reason being the M9 has a dedicated wireless backhaul (5GHz). With two units you can get up to 4500 sq. ft. of coverage.

The P9 does have the powerline backhaul, but the quality or speed depends on the wiring quality of your household. 

Given how you are in a apartment, I think a single router may work well too. If you do not care about AX I think the C2300 would work well.

Options
Re:Deco p9 question before I buy
2020-01-07 19:31:49

@Alexrat1996 I have a set of Deco P9 (3 units) and it covers our home well at 7,800 sq ft.  However, I think this is overkill for an apartment.  Have used the TO link Archer C7 and C8 in the past with pretty good coverage and would be less expensive and should handle the speeds you want.  On the other hand, if you may be moving to a larger place eventually, the Deco mesh would essentially future proof your setup.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 2

Related Articles