I've been trying to understand why I'm not seeing full upload and download speeds since upgrading from an Airport Extreme base station/router, to the TP-Link Archer A20. We have 1Gb fiber to our house. Typically, I'd see download speeds from 700mbps down to 350-400mbps depending on network conditions. We usually see upload of 900mbps+. These are speedtest.net readings.
Since the A20 came into the picture, we're seeing ~200mbps down, and abou 100mbps up. When I plug directly into the fiber modem (Zyxel C1100Z) from my desktop computer, I see the speed I expect. When I hardwire or go over 5Ghz wifi, we see the reduced speed. I've checked FW upgrade, I've restarted/rebooted the router. Nothing seems to work.
I've also swapped out cables. I have one cable I used to directly hardwire my desktop to the fiber modem. Used this same cable to plug the Archer A20 into the fiber modem. No improvement. I used the same cable to plug my desktop into the A20. No improvement. Only configuration that gets me to "full speed" is to bypass the A20 completely and go into the fiber modem. This wasnt the case previously with my Airport Extreme router in the same configuration with same cabling...