AC1200: Wifi speed drops until I reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-02 15:26:15

I installed a new AC1200 as an access point. It is connected to another TP-link router via ethernet cable. When I connect to the AC1200 via wifi (Windows 10 PC or MacBook Pro), I get a speed of 90+Mbps, about the same as the speed I measure at the ethernet wall jack. But if I leave the computer for a while, when I come back the speed is 25Mbps. Repeated tests don't change this. But, I can restore the full speed by disconnecting from the AP and reconnecting, but this is obviously not right. Any ideas as to what is happening and how to fix it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1200: Wifi speed drops until I reconnect
2020-01-07 16:51:32

@TexIrish 

Have you tried leaving the computer wired to the C1200 to see if the same thing happens?

When the computers are left and returned to are they in sleep mode?

Are you seeing the slow down when connected to either band?

If you move the computer to your main wireless router do you get the same thing?

Options
2020-07-09 19:51:25

@TexIrish did you ever solve this? I have the exact same issue.

Options
2020-07-09 20:48:55

@robb35mm Yes. I tried a bunch of things, and I think what did it was to change the Wifi network adapter power settings in Device Manager. It was "MIMO Power Save Mode" under "Properties" - "Advanced Settings." Nothing in the regular Windows Settings panel worked. Not sure how normal people are supposed to figure this stuff out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1395

Replies: 3

Related Articles