Measure Mesh Node's bandwidth capacity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-07 04:50:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.3.14 Build 20191109 Rel. 66552

Is there any way that I am not finding in the app, to tell me what the usable LAN bandwidth is on each mesh node?  I know that you can perform an Internet Speed test, but at a minimum there should be some way to perform that same test form each mesh node.

Ideally it would be perfect to see live numbers on the Backhaul link capactiy and actual usage at each mesh node.  Or on the WAN tab have a graphic representing the mesh node connectivity using the location names and the LAN measurement numbers on the backhaul line between them. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Measure Mesh Node's bandwidth capacity
2020-01-08 17:55:57 - last edited 2020-01-08 17:56:07

@DAServices 

While looking at the Deco dashbaord, tap on the globe icon, then tap on a Deco shown, you will see the Upload and Download data that is being used in real time. You could log into the web interface of the M5, go to Network Map, select one of the Deco units where you can see the CPU load and memory of the device.

Other features you mentioned would make a good feature reqeust which I will forward over for consideration.

Options
2020-01-08 22:22:22

@Tony  I was aware of the info available which you mentioned.  I guess I was looking for more bandwidth capacity per node,  which I would attribute to that backhaul usage or saturation. 

Thanks and keep up the great work. 

Options
2020-12-29 19:26:00

@DAServices 

I would totally support the ability to see internal throughput and backhaul stats.  Ive got a 3 node P9 system and would love to know the internal performance (device to node to primary node) for my wireless and backhaul.

Its supposed to do 867M on the 5G line, and 300M on the 2.1.  Ive seen no performance marketing stats on Backhaul.  Speed tests dont isolate if an external issue or internal issue and before I call my provider, I want to know what my home network is really delivering.

How can we measure this throughput internally?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 653

Replies: 3