Wiring Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wiring Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wiring Issue
Wiring Issue
2020-01-21 01:03:36
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just installed the switch and all wires are with their corresponding ones in the wall, except for two outliers. I had a "common" wire, and I had the bundle of neutrals in the back of my switch that the walkthrough asked about briefly and then never said anything about after that. I tried wrapping the neutral on the switch to the neutral bundle and no luck. Then, I tried with those three, plus the common all in one nut. Still nothing. Also tried the switch neutral to the wall common, and nothing. The switch has had power this whole time, and no matter what the lights don't turn on.

The lights I'm trying to control have two switches controlling them, each independent of the other. Flicking one, regardless of the either's position, toggles the lights. I've tried flicking the switch to both positions turning the smart switch on and off each time and no luck. Are my lights not compatible? or is something not working? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wiring Issue
2020-01-21 01:13:20

@SeanGotGjally 

The two switch operation tells me this is a 3way switch.

You need to use a HS210 for 3way switch replacement.

Also a picture of the wiring on both sides of the switch before the change is of great help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 1

Related Articles