"Schedule" Not Recognized -- and NO option for "LOCAL ONLY"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-23 02:32:23
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I just bought 4 new Smart Mini Plugs. THREE out of the FOUR will NOT "recognize" the schedule I have setup. Under each "device" when I click "schedule," my schedule is there; however, the lights do NOT come on when they are supposed to come on. I have deleted the schedules, and set them up again -- STILL doesn't work.

ALSO -- there is NO option available AT ALL ANYWHERE to change the "LOCAL ONLY" option. It simply is NOT there!!!!!

What gives????

Options
5 Reply
Re:"Schedule" Not Recognized -- and NO option for "LOCAL ONLY"
2020-01-23 18:54:56

@LadyJack 

1st the schedules.  You will need to make sure app time is correct.  tap the "3-lines" at the upper left corner of the screen, tap settings then Location and time.  Ensure your Time Zone is correct then tap on Location. Tap sync Location to sync the app to your time zone.  Then re-setup the schedules. 

For Local only.  Tap on a device tap the settings button on the upper right corner and toggle Remote Control.  Remote control only shows up when a device says local only.  Then take your phone off Wireless and run it on LTE.  try to control the plugs to make sure they are working.  If not check the firmware.  Same steps as above but instead of taping on Location and time, tap on Firmware update. 

Options
2020-01-24 00:15:09

@Carl 

You know that in the latest version of this app you cannot select enable remote control. You even commented on this and another thread. This is an issue that Kasa needs to address immediately! I along with several users have multiple plugs and this issue affects routines, Alexa integration, and other issues. 

Options
2020-01-24 07:34:47

@Engine   .... You are EXACTLY CORRECT!!!

Kasa needs to fix this ASAP, or there are FOUR smart plugs and ONE smart switch that are about to be returned for a full refund!! Thank goodness I purchased them through Amazon!!!!!!!!

I am FURIOUS!!!

Options
2020-01-24 07:39:32

@Carl  -- There is NO friggin place to toggle between "local only" and "remote control."

What part of my original post did you not understand??? I have searched and searched the app for a way to change from "local only," 

AND

IT ... IS ... NOT ... THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Options
2020-01-24 17:56:30

@LadyJack @Engine 

As I stated in my last response and in a previous thread as you pointed out, the Remote Control toggle only shows up in a device's settings when a device is listed as local only.  .

@LadyJack 

If this is not showing up the please follow the following steps:

1.  confrim the app and the device firmware are up to date

2.  Hard Reset the plug and reconfigure it.

3.  Take you phone off of Wireless and try to turn the plug on and off testing to test remote access

4.  Swap the plug with one you confrim is working, this rules out an enviroment issue. 

If that fails to resolve the plugs issue then you may just have a defective unit and we can work through the RMA process to replace it. 

@Engine 

You didn't provide any details of what you are experiancing or any thing you have tried to do to resolve it.  If you can provide details then we can try to help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 870

Replies: 5