Archer AX1500 Loses Internet (Amber Light) every 3 or 4 days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-29 23:04:51
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190809 Rel.28188

Every 3 or 4 days my AX1500 router, which is directly connected to the ethernet port of a Frontier Fios ONT loses internet connection and displays a yellow light.

I've found 2 ways to get around the issue.  1. Unplug the WAN connection and reconnect.  2. Release and renew the connection to the internet through the router settings.

This started when I replaced the G1100 router, provided by Frontier, with the Archer AX1500 router.

I have copied the MAC address of the old router supplied by Frontier so that Frontier see the same MAC as before.  I have not been able to setup the old router so that the system works if the ONT is connected to the old router and that is connected to the AX1500.

This problem did not exist with the old G1100 router supplied by Frontier.  It had other problems...

Any ideas are appreciated.

Options
22 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 Loses Internet (Amber Light) every 3 or 4 days
2020-03-30 20:22:20

@DonutmanFWA 

I'm having the same issue with that router. Every 2-3 days the internet light turns amber and my connection is down. I'll have to either restart the router or unplug and replug the wan cable that's coming from my ONT. The logs don't show anything, except that the LED turned color.

Did you get this resolved yet?

It totally screws up my work-from-home situation...

Options
2020-03-30 20:42:59

@brainticket 

I've been in contact with tech support @ TPLink and they have NOT figured this out.

I do have a work-around that works for me.

I set the router to reboot every night (early AM).

Since doing this I don't lose connection.

Who is you ISP?

Mine is Frontier FiOS.

Options
2020-03-30 22:54:08

@DonutmanFWA 

Sonic is my ISP, didn't have that problem with my old router and tech support from them also points to this router.

I'll try and contact tplinks tech support as well.

Options
2020-07-26 22:47:57

@DonutmanFWA I can confirm this issue still exists and appears to be a hardware issue with hardware revision 1.0

Options
2020-09-01 08:07:27 - last edited 2020-09-01 08:08:14

@tp_link_support 

Hi

Same problem for me.

Is there any solution for this issue yet?

Thanks,

Sagi

Options
2020-09-27 13:24:13

@SagiS mine happens daily. Need to reboot the router to restore internet connection. Any solution tplink? It's frustrating I upgraded my modem to improve the connection at home but happened is the opposite.  

Options
2020-09-27 13:35:46
@tplink upgraded last night with the 1.1 firmware but still experiencing network interruptions.
Options
2020-09-29 02:47:18

Yep, this issue has been the case for sometime for me as well, I had automated restarts weekly initially, tried bumping it up to nightly to see if it helps. Never been able to fully determine what it is, I've tried talking to my ISP in the past as well but they have insisted thoroughly there are no issues. It's not one device specific since it brings down all my devices, I also have only 5ghz enabled as smart connect on this router is very buggy for me and never worked well to begin with.

Same behavior as well, there is never anything in the logs, just a temporary loss of connection, very strange. I believe I am on hardware revision 1 as well, so I wouldn't rule out a hardware issue either given the lack of any comment from tplink....

The only thing I've found to be a somewhat remedy is the automated reboots.

Options
2020-09-30 18:26:29

@DonutmanFWA 

I know the last reply was yesterday but I'm glad to know it's not only mine causing the issue.  I've tried soooo many different things, disconnecting the 2.4, changing the Beacon interval, QOS, UpNP, using smart connect, installing a tp-link range extender in my daughter's room,

DonutmanFWA wrote

Every 3 or 4 days my AX1500 router, which is directly connected to the ethernet port of a Frontier Fios ONT loses internet connection and displays a yellow light.

I've found 2 ways to get around the issue.  1. Unplug the WAN connection and reconnect.  2. Release and renew the connection to the internet through the router settings.

This started when I replaced the G1100 router, provided by Frontier, with the Archer AX1500 router.

I have copied the MAC address of the old router supplied by Frontier so that Frontier see the same MAC as before.  I have not been able to setup the old router so that the system works if the ONT is connected to the old router and that is connected to the AX1500.

This problem did not exist with the old G1100 router supplied by Frontier.  It had other problems...

Any ideas are appreciated.

etc etc.  Prior to searching my issue, I was actually searching for a different router but when this thing works, I'll pull in close to 500mpbs download  with Spectrum yet with the disconnection(s) becoming so frequent, it doesn't really matter what I can get, it's what I am getting - daughter's zoom meetings being missed, disconnected from work VPN, etc.

Has anyone tried rolling back the update?  I was considering it tonight, just manually download the old firmware and see if that fixes it.  Mine only recently starting acting a fool which was about the time of the last patch.  C'mon tp-link, represent with some tech skills; feel like I could be a senior engineer after all the troubleshooting i've done with this damn thing.  

Good luck all and if anyone finds a remedy, please post!

Options
2020-09-30 18:39:55

@ItsMillerTime79 

Hi

For me firmware version Archer AX10(EU)_V1_200825 fixed the problem.

Needed to mention that this update is for hardware version V1 only.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8728

Replies: 22

Related Articles