Is there an Issue withthe KAZA App? Lights keep going on and off line in the App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there an Issue withthe KAZA App? Lights keep going on and off line in the App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-04 13:08:57
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

So my lights stop always repsonding to my Alexia a few days ago.  My other brands work fine, so i looked inthe Kaza App and i see my lights keep sysling on and off line in the App. This has been goign on for the past few days. I have updated all deivces and have changes my password.  I have many different devices the HS200, HS220 and even TP-Link light bulbs.. This is happening to all of them.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Is there an Issue withthe KAZA App? Lights keep going on and off line in the App
2020-02-04 17:19:22

@Jarad 

Are you using range extenders? If so, and both the extender and router have the same name they could be jumping networks back and forth.

The smart devices utilize 2.4Ghz only, check other devices that use 2.4Ghz to see how they are acting, especially when you notice the drops happening at that time.

I would also check the router logs to see what it shows.

Options
Re:Is there an Issue withthe KAZA App? Lights keep going on and off line in the App
2020-02-06 13:41:35

@Tony Nope no range extenders.. and i have a seperate name for my 2.4Ghz and my 5Ghz.  Right now i am thinking they got hacked. But i reset everything to default and reset up my lights... i am still having the isue. 

Options
2020-02-07 19:03:05

@Jarad 

If you believe your account was compromised try changing the password (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1442/) for your TP-Link ID. If the issue still happens get a hold of our smart home team here: kasa.support@tp-link.com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 3