Seamless Roaming / Mesh Technology

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-06 16:37:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I roam around my house with a wireless device and expect the device to switch to another Deco M4 with a better signal automatically instantly.  The problem I have been experiencing is:  It's doesn't work consistently.

I have been troubleshooting many devices, and have witnessed it work a few times.  It seems to take up to 5-10 minutes for it to switch to a better signal Deco automatically.  5-10 minutes is not instant, but at least it eventually worked automatically.

However, I have a few devices which I've spent much time on... I'll camp out within 2 feet of a Deco M4, and actively use wifi for 10-20-30 minutes, and watch the device on the Deco app and it does not switch to the Deco M4 that I'm within 2 feet of.  I've even disconnected from wifi, then reconnected, expecting it to reconnect to the Deco within 2 feet.  On some devices, this did the trick.  But other devices, it did not.

Yes, Mesh Technology is set to ON for all devices on our network.

Any ideas or feedback at what might be causing a device to not seamlessly roam?

Any ideas or feedback at what might be casuing a device to appear stuck on a single Deco M4 unit during disconnection/reconnection?

Thanks, John

Options
1 Reply
Re:Seamless Roaming / Mesh Technology
2020-02-07 21:13:59

@jcdean518 

What is the model of the wireless device you are using to test roaming?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 732

Replies: 1

Related Articles