Archer A20 persistently losing network drives on Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-06 17:55:06
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am new to TP-Link routers but not routers in general.  I set up the A20 on Tuesday and all seemed to be ok.  I have four networked hard drives -- two connected directly to the router, and two connected to another device.  They were consistently visible when I used my previous router (a Netgear).

Starting sometime yesterday, the router is constantly losing connection with all four drives on Windows 10.  Sometimes they will come back after rebooting, only to lose them a few hours later.  It doesn't matter if they're lettered "shared" drives or just appearing under Network.

I made sure all three SMB boxes are checked under Turn Windows features on or off.  I have run the Windows networking troubleshooter.   

I use these drives all the time and not having access to them is a deal-breaker (my iTunes library is on one of them).  

Can anyone help?  I'd really like to keep this router but if I can't solve this, I'm going to have to return it, unfortunately.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A20 persistently losing network drives on Windows 10
2020-02-06 22:40:05

@coolbreeze 

Not sure I can help, other than to say I am not having this problem?

I've got 2 PC's running W10 V1909, on Home, the other Pro. Also a iPad's and Phone that can read the SHARE's on the LAN.

Never had this happen, but only a single USB drive on the router.

I assume you know all PC's must be running SMB 1 or there would be LAN problems for sharing and the A20 (and most routers) uise NETBIOS for sharing.

I'd suggest contacting TP-Link support as this could be a router problem?

Options
Re:Archer A20 persistently losing network drives on Windows 10
2020-02-07 21:37:59

@coolbreeze 

It would be best to get a hold of our support to go over your setup:

Live Chat: link
Phone: link
E-mail: link

Options