Internet on PC but not on router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-07 08:02:56
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Justbought dual band archer c20. I have an ethernet cat6 cable coming into trailer. I attach to PC and I get internet.

I attach to router and nothing.

The internet light is orange,

The Roku TV sees the router but when connect to it will not access internet.

What am I missing here? This should be so simple

Options
5 Reply
Re:Internet on PC but not on router
2020-02-07 14:49:33

@pedpete 

It could be as simple as turning off and on the modem. Some only will 'connect' to the last device attached to it as it 'remembers' the MAC Address of the attached device.

Power off both the modem and router, then turn on the modem and wait for it to fully come up, then power up the router. This should fix it in most cases.

Also, if you have the A20, the wire from the modem must go into the blue socket, same for the C20.

Options
2020-02-07 16:26:59

@IrvSp Thanks for reply. 

I don't know where modem is. I presume it is outside somewhere. I live on RV park. Service comes in on a CAT6 cable. That is all I know.

I can plug that cable into back of computer and get internet.

Take out the cable and put into back of new router C20 into Blue hole and nothing.

My TV and computer both see the new router but the router cannot connect to internet as the computer had done.

I simply thought I could plug it into back of router and it would wifi it all over trailer.

I can't use computer as wifi because it lacks the internal hardware.

What to do.

Options
2020-02-07 16:43:12

@pedpete 

Well, that probably explains it. However YOU can avoid this by CLONING your PC's MAC Address to the router.

I'm on an A20 as I said, but I'll assume the C20 (if that is what you have) is the same Graphic Interface. On the BASIC PAGE for the INTERNET is the ability to CLONE the router MAC Address to the Router:

Select that option, SAVE the settings, and REBOOT the router. That should make it work!

Options
2020-02-07 23:28:46

@IrvSp Thanks for the great reply and steps.

Followed them easily but still no joy. Am now accessing chat tech support.

If they have an answer I will post.

Options
2020-02-08 05:15:55

@pedpete Chsat support at TP never found the problem.

Will have to return product.

We spent at least 1.5 hrs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 723

Replies: 5

Related Articles