Backhaul question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Backhaul question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Backhaul question
Backhaul question
2020-02-08 17:08:23
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a three level house. My main Deco is in the basement office. I have the Deco on the second floor connected via ethernet backhaul. I assumed the Deco on the third floor would connect wirelessly to the Deco on the second floor, but the third floor unit always seems to be connected to the office (main Deco). Is there any way to force the third floor unit to connect to the second floor unit since it is closer and would have better signal?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Backhaul question
2020-02-11 22:49:39

@Jimvac 

The Deco unit should automatically connect to the node where the connection is best, possibly the main node is better even though it is farther?

How are you verifying that the third floor node is connecting to the basement node?

Have you tried holding the reset on the third floor node and adding it back to your Deco network?

Options
Re:Backhaul question
2020-02-12 00:10:59

@Tony I verified using the app. It says signal source is office which is the basement Deco.

I have rebooted but did not hold reser button and reconnect. If you think that would be a solution I will try it. Thanks

Options