WAN Link keeps dropping and when used by as Access point overloads

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-10 18:17:40
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

WAN interface drops when any bandwidth load is placed on the router. This is not a problem for my AC1200. The router has to be rebooted. The WAN IP address changed to the local IP address if the Modem. 192.168.100.1 instead of the wide area network gateway of the cable company. So I tried to use it as an access point using the AC1200 has the WAN interface. The router quickly overloads and the bandwidth drops to zero for a few seconds this is with the computers both plugged into the AC1750. So I have a great paperweight that cannot support any bandwidth of 1MBps.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WAN Link keeps dropping and when used by as Access point overloads
2020-02-12 20:08:26 - last edited 2020-02-12 20:08:52

@kariato 

What is happening is your cable modem is not provisioing correct. That is why the A7 is getting stuck with the 192.168.100.1.

Call your ISP and tell them that the modem needs to be provisined correctly. In other words they will upload the configuration file on the modem so in the end you will not have a paper weight.

Leave the A7 in router mode, not AP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 708

Replies: 1

Related Articles