Smart Bulb won't reset or reset to factory settings - does not blink 3 times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-14 09:29:26
Model: LB100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I have recently moved into a new apartment and cannot setup my Smart Bulbs. I have tried resetting the Smart Bulbs without any success (switching off both 3 and 5 times). Therefore I cannot find and Wi-Fi connect my SMart Bulbs. Any tips or tricks for how to fix this? 

Thanks! 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Bulb won't reset or reset to factory settings - does not blink 3 times
2020-02-14 18:29:46

@jthord 

Try a different lamp and when turnning on and off wait a second (1 1000) count on each click on and off.  

Options
2020-05-25 15:56:09

@Carl This was a suprise to me, but the timing is really tricky.

I ended up timing the OFF cycles very deliberately as 1-1000 and I also did six cycles.

Options
2020-10-23 06:52:56

@NiceGeek 

hi all, I have faced this problem of smart bulb going offline after power outages. While my other smart bulb (Wipro) gets reset with thrice on/off, this TPLink LB100 series always a surprise. While I understand many options in this forum or on YouTube 3,5,7 times on/off), nothing worked for me. I have figured this and want to share

a) Remove bulb 

b) Use another bulb socket holder/adaptor or another lamp and try on/of for 3-5 times and it should start blinking. 
c) Complete smart bulb setup using Kasa app

d) Plug it back to your original lamp 

this should work as it worked for me more than thrice now. Good luck. 

Options
2021-02-02 20:45:39

@PrasadhSRK 

Are you using a lamp with a wall switch to do this?? Or the type of lamp where you have to do the 3x on/off at the lamp with a push-button up by the bulb. Or doesn't it make a difference; just use a different lamp fixture. thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 21

Views: 30806

Replies: 4