Allowing Guest devices to access some but not all IP addresses on network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-15 05:46:05
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have setup my Archer VR 2800 with a local network and a guest network. 

I know there is a way that I can toggle on/off access of guests to my local network in the router settings. However, I would like to know if there is a way I can restrict guests from accessing my local network other than one IP address on my local network (the reason is this one IP address on my local network is a local DNS server I have configured with Pi Hole). 

I effectively want one device on my network (in addition to the router) to effectively sit above the local network and guest network and be accessible to all devices connected to the local network and guest network. Other than this one device, I want to isolate devices on the guest network from those on the local network. 

Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Allowing Guest devices to access some but not all IP addresses on network
2020-02-20 15:53:01

@Els100 

It sounds like you may need to set up VLANs or have equipment capable of that.

I'd recommend visiting out SMB forums to see what they may offer: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1442

Replies: 1