HS220 Dims great but won't completely turn off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-17 23:38:03
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.10

Hi,

I just installed my second HS 220 Smart Wifi Dimmer in my Dinning Room.  There switch is controlling a single fixture which is a chandelier that contains 5 Dimmable LED bulbs.  The dimming is working great.  The bulb transistion from bright to very dim.  The problem is that when I turn the switch off the bulbs stay very dim, they do not turn completely off.  The bulbs in the fixture are Osram A19 8.5W LED Dimmable bulbs. I think the model is YX1433.   I tried some alternative bulbs like Sylvania and Earthlight but those bulb started the flickering or randomly turning cycling on and off, basically the switch went nuts.

Any advice on how to get my bulbs to turn off completely would be greatly appreciated.

One other note:  Why is the HS220 not available in the model drop down list??  I was forced to select a model so I chose the HS200.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS220 Dims great but won't completely turn off
2020-02-21 17:09:10

@MrSwitch 

A very dimly lit light usually is the result of the wiring. For example the neutral wire is connected to the switch and the live wire is going to the bulb. The HS220 dimming is based off of TRIAC so in looking at dimmable LEDs the manufactuer would be able to state if they work with those types of dimmers or not.

As far as the model listing, you need to type HS22, then the HS220 will show up. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1323

Replies: 1