how about a little love for the AP500 ?????

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-19 03:48:31
Model: AP500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20151214 Rel. 58420

I am having major issues with this access point and a when i check the firmware releases, there was only one shortly after it was released way back in 2015.  I understand you have new products, but those of us that bought this spent good money, and quite a bit, on it and would like an update!  

Issues:

1. NO https option for web configuration. This seems ridiculous!!!

2.  Every time i update a configuration, I literally have to power cycle the unit to get back to the web interface.

3.  No autodiscovery of new firmwares, shouldn't your software be able to check for it's own updates?  Even microsoft software does that.

Please don't make the mistake you made in the omada/eap-225-245 of combining the AP isolation with a "guest" setting.  Please please keep them separate!!!!

Thanks!

T

Options
1 Reply
Re:how about a little love for the AP500 ?????
2020-02-21 18:41:08

@mymlact 

The non SSL interfaces are also the same for some routers. Mainly due to them being accessed locally not involving the internet, different from accessing the router remotely where it does use SSL.

I can see still why SSL would be desired, we have the ability to enable SSL local access like the Archer C7, but I don't think that would be implemeted for an AP.

There is a firmware released in 2018: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/ap500/#Firmware

You would download the firmware, extract it, and upload the .bin file you get.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 622

Replies: 1