iPhone access to SSD on USB AX3000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-22 01:56:41
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 build 20200109

Samsung 1TB SSD on the USB of  the AX3000

using File Explorer (free trial) on iPhone 8

works fine for .txt and .rtf and .jpg - but .mov video files frequently lock up the app - just the spinning circle.

only option to regain control (found to-date...) is unplug the drive from the USB port.

potential causes

FTP limits/time out?

app bug?

router congestion?

is one disk format preferred with this hardware combination?

or . . . ???

the videos were taken with iPhone(s) - occassional error of "Cannot open file"

works with small files, and works with (some) big files, and locks up with middle size files . . . curious.

any background on the issue?

any suggestions for a rock solid iOS app?

tried FileBrowser - could not get past the UserID demand for my LAN; passwords I got, userids no got....

and may I suggest changing the "Reboot" option on the main screen to "Reset" . . .

had the idea perhaps cycling it off/on would clear the lock up on the USB but it resets the router to out of the box.

Options
2 Reply
Re:iPhone access to SSD on USB AX3000
2020-02-25 23:39:26

@TomJ 

What is the model, size, and format of the SSD drive? As well as the current software version of the phone.

Aside from trying different software have you tested on other phones or seeing lockups on computers as well?

Options
Re:iPhone access to SSD on USB AX3000
2020-02-26 22:10:49

@Tony 

I deleted File Explorer and did a second round on File Browser.

I found that specifying a SSD as the connect target did not trigger the 'user name' issue.

it's a Samsung SSD and an iPhone 8 updated to the latest - the Win7 and Win10 computers can see the drive no problem.

I suspect it's just poor documentation - File Explorer, if it connected - which it did initially, stalled and locked up on videos.  some large, some small, no pattern.

apparently File Explorer has issues with buffering - it does not appear to be soup yet.

next up is accessing the drive from WAN locations - i.e. the IP of the router....

appreciate the help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 944

Replies: 2

Related Articles