Archer A7 v5 drops internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A7 v5 drops internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Archer A7 v5 drops internet connection
2020-12-28 04:21:08 - last edited 2020-12-28 04:23:00

We've had our A7 for about 9 months, I guess. It's been fine until recently that we've also started to experience the A7 dropping connections on different machines in our house. It started with my daughter's iMac. Long stories short, clicking on "Reboot" didn't help, but firmware updates helped, and unplug-wait 30seconds-replug helped, and then it happened to me tonight. I was still able to connect to the control panel of the A7. I started looking through all of the tabs, and finally in Security -> Settings, I found my machine listed in the Blocked DoS Host List! Weird. I took my machine off the list, and boom, the world is good again.

Next time when other people's connections get dropped, I'm going to go check in there first, and I will report back here.

Options
Re:Archer A7 v5 drops internet connection
2021-06-02 02:25:39

@amg2024 I have had the same issue. For me the 5G keeps dropping and devices lose internet connection. I disabled the Smart-WiFi and changed the SSID names for 2G and 5G networks so that I can detect 5G drops. This resolved the issues for few days but back again, devices that were purposely connected only to 5G kept on loosing internet. I contacted the phone support and had a horrific experience on phone. However the email support team has been very courteous and have initiated a replacement. They asked me to install a debug firmware and get necessary logs. Its still under inveatigation. Just so you know, you will have to pay for shipment for RMA and all. TP-Link if you are reading this, this is absolutely disappointing. I have a seemingly defective product from you which is still under warranty but I need to pay to make it reach you! I expect to have the replacement product in a week or so. Hope the new one is better.

Options