Cant connect Netvue wifi cams to to-link deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-28 18:58:14 - last edited 2020-03-03 16:18:13
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.9.18

I have a to-link whole home W2400 mesh system i recently purchased. It installed fine. all devices connected except one particular system. I have Netvue wifi Cams. When I tried to connect them to the new network, it says on their app that their products only work on 2.4ghz not 5. I contacted customer support for Netvue and they said I have to seperate the networks to display 2.4 and 5. Can you help me do that?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant connect Netvue wifi cams to to-link deco-Solution
2020-02-29 13:36:36 - last edited 2020-03-03 16:18:13

@techspec100 So after an hour of tech 'support' with no positive result.  I was told Deco doesn't broadcast and separate 2.4/5 GHz networks to offer the opportunity to pick which network to sign a device into.  I was deflated and concluded I would have to return the Deco.  Then I gave it one more try.  When I tried to use deco to sign in the camera I noted where the Netvue app said...this appears to be a 5 GHz network and is not supported. But next to that message ..and it was grayed out was a button that said Not a 5 GHzn network  I clicked on that and it offered me the chance to enter the Deco password.  I did and it worked just fine.  I realize that Netvue has it's issue s with this but Deco needs to separate the networks as I've seen on most wifi routers.  Hope this helps someone else!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant connect Netvue wifi cams to to-link deco-Solution
2020-02-29 13:36:36 - last edited 2020-03-03 16:18:13

@techspec100 So after an hour of tech 'support' with no positive result.  I was told Deco doesn't broadcast and separate 2.4/5 GHz networks to offer the opportunity to pick which network to sign a device into.  I was deflated and concluded I would have to return the Deco.  Then I gave it one more try.  When I tried to use deco to sign in the camera I noted where the Netvue app said...this appears to be a 5 GHz network and is not supported. But next to that message ..and it was grayed out was a button that said Not a 5 GHzn network  I clicked on that and it offered me the chance to enter the Deco password.  I did and it worked just fine.  I realize that Netvue has it's issue s with this but Deco needs to separate the networks as I've seen on most wifi routers.  Hope this helps someone else!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 896

Replies: 1

Related Articles