M5 Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M5 Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M5 Setup
M5 Setup
2020-02-29 19:05:03
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just setup 3 Deco M5s. No special setup. Everything setup ok. However my non main M5s keep blinking red. Very occasionally they'll turn green for a short time. But mostly blinking red. I tried moving one of them in the same room as the main unit and still, it is blinking red. I tried resetting it and it's still blinking red. At the same time my phone and other devices seem to be connected to it and working fine. The deco app is reporting all nodes online. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:M5 Setup
2020-03-03 17:18:28

@Bfassler 

The blinking red is the Deco saying it is losing connection with the main Deco. Try wiring a Ethernet cable from the main Deco to the blinking red Deco just to test. If the other satallute unit is fine, then there may be an issue with the current problematic Deco. You could also swap the main Deco with the problem Deco to see if the blinking red disappears.

Options
Re:M5 Setup
2020-03-03 17:20:00

@Tony 

I had to do the setup 3 times and it's finally working now and the units are all stable green. Knock on wood. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 2

Related Articles