Just bought a Deco P9 and am getting lots of "New Device Detected" messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-09 19:18:46

Set up my new P9 two days ago. Since then, I have received a number of alerts that a new device has joined my Deco network. Some I recognize as devices we own that are logging back into the network (I used the same SSID as our old network). However, several are unknown to me. Fortunately, the ones I don't recognize don't appear to be successfully getting onto our wifi network. So maybe these are my neighbors' devices that are auto-roaming for available networks? It's a bit concerning, so I'm wondering if this is expected behavior, or if there's a problem.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Just bought a Deco P9 and am getting lots of "New Device Detected" messages
2020-03-11 16:26:06

@hoobass 

The new device notification should show only once a device initially connnects. A device will only show up in the app if the wireless password was correct when trying to connect. If you believe neighbors are trying to connect do not use the same network name and password you have always used, change them to something else.

There is a new update slated to be released for the P9 soon so be on the look out for that to see if that resolves the notification issue.

Options
2020-03-29 04:56:23 - last edited 2020-03-29 04:56:50

@Tony 

Returning your P9 since you aren't delivering on this firmware update. Sounds like vaporware. Just bought it a few days ago not realizing the carrot you guys have been dangling over people with this firmware hoax.

Options
2020-03-30 14:57:10

@hoobass 

With firmware updates we try our best to give some information. With me being a user as well I know the feeling. All we can ask is patience, and if some are not able to that is unforutante, but as the nature of releasing firmware as testing needs to be done.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1464

Replies: 3