overnight control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

overnight control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
overnight control
overnight control
2020-03-11 17:54:07
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So one would think controlling a light via an outlet vs a time would give you the same options - go on in the evening, lets say 8pm and go off in the early monring, lets set 5am.  Doesn't seem possible on the HS100.  And I'm now contemplating buying some smart switches - ie HS200, and I feel I'll have the same problem.  Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,

Larry 

Options
5 Reply
Re:overnight control
2020-03-11 18:14:07

@larryg 

Are you referring to away mode or setting up schedules?

Options
2020-03-11 18:24:36

@Tony setting up schedules

Tony wrote

@larryg 

Are you referring to away mode or setting up schedules?

Options
2020-03-12 22:22:03

@larryg 

You should be able to schedule on an off times like the pictures below:

Are you seeing anything different? If so, please provide a screenshot of what you are coming across.

Options
2020-03-12 23:03:40

@larryg the problem is that is not "overnight".  maybe my original post wasn't clear, trying to set lights to for example go on at dusk, off at sunrise.  So its lets say on at 6pm, off the next morning at 4am.  that is what is not doable....at least as far as I can tell.  When I called tech support, they were not much help

Options
2020-03-13 15:32:16

@larryg 

To get the "overnight" you would follow the screenshot but just revers on to off and off to on. Futher, when setting the time you can also have the switch turn on or off during the sunrise or sunset. To do that, when configuring the time and state of the plug, select either the left or right arrow.

Here is a further FAQ that shows you how to set our plug for "overnight" for sunset and sunrise: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/999/

Here is how you would set up a schedule: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/947/

You are able to set up schedules for all our plugs, light bulbs, and smart switches.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 5

Related Articles