I'm having wireless connectivity issues with the Archer AX3000 Wireless router from ONLY Surface Pro 4 and Surface Pro 6 devices. I've tested all other wireless devices in my home and the only ones having issues connecting to the AX3000 wireless are the Surface Pro 4 and 6. I've even swapped out this router with a known good wireless router (Asus Google Wi-Fi) and I can connect to the wireless on that without issue and my ISP Wireless Modem. Symptoms are:
- Connected but without internet. 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz
- Connects for a minute or so then the wireless driver crahses (Event logs show the Marvel Driver crashing for no known reason) (Wireless driver does not crash on known good WiFi so it's not driver issue or hardware issue)
- I've tried rolling back drivers, etc. No dice.
- Surface Pro 4 is Blue Screening when connected to the TP Link Wireless connection sporadicly. Tested this on known good working Wi-Fi and have not experienced ANY Bluescreens.
- Drivers for both Surfaces are up to date. Firmware on AX3000 up to date
For whatever reason the Surface Pro Wireless adapter WILL not play nicely with the AX3000 :(
I've been dealing with this for about 2 months straight now, researching the issue and I'm completely stumped at this point. I have a feeling this needs to be escalated to a higher tier of technical support but I've had no good luck there. As a side note, I'm an experienced IT Network Engineer and rarely have seen this type of response in a certain type of computer with a certain type of WIreless Router. Very confusing and frustrating. The only other reference I've seen to this type of issue was here:
I currently have my Surface Pro 4 and Surface Pro 6 hooked up to my ISP's wireless modem for now. NO issues AT ALL.