Configure Deco M4 V1 to be on same subnet as cable modem lan side

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-19 20:28:56
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just received the Deco M4 V1 and I need to configure it. If I connect my lan side cable modem to a switch and the Deco to the same switch can I have the cable modem process all the DHCP requests and have the Deco act like a bridge on the same subnet as the lan side of the cable modem? I can set the cable modem's lan side addresses to be in the 192.168.68.xxx range or whatever is needed.

I need to have my ethernet cabled devices on the same network as the wifi connected devices so that they all have access to a ethernet connected NAS (same switch)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Configure Deco M4 V1 to be on same subnet as cable modem lan side
2020-03-19 22:25:25

@stevenospam 

If you cable modem is also a router where it has a DHCP server you can just set the Deco to AP Mode so you have the coverage and mesh network while all being on the same subnet and not need to change the current IP of the modem/router. Only downside is you don't have the routing features of the Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3239

Replies: 1