Bed time using UTC instead of local time zone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-20 01:37:12 - last edited 2020-03-25 01:41:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Bed time controls were working great until I power-cycled my main Deco earlier today. Now, the internal clock appears to think the time zone is UTC and not Mountain Time. Thus, all my bed times kicked in 6 hours early. Took a lot of trial-and-error because there's nothing in the Deco app which shows the system time (would be very easy to add to somethibg like the About screen). Tried changing my phone's time zone, making a change in the bed time setting, and repeating with my phone's time zone sett correctly again. Little difference. Not sure how to get the Deco's system time working properly again so I can turn bed times back on for the correct times. Any help appreciated. (Bug in firmware?)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Bed time using UTC instead of local time zone-Solution
2020-03-24 18:54:41 - last edited 2020-03-25 01:41:21

I got word from HQ we have modified some setting on the cloud end to help address any time issues. If the time settings have not been corrected, change the time in the Web UI, save it, then change it back to the correct one, that should help speed up the time correction.

Here is how you would log into the Web UI: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2641/

Recommended Solution
Options
33 Reply
Re:Bed time using UTC instead of local time zone
2020-03-20 04:23:15

@PhotoSawyer 

I am having the same issue.  Looks like no one has responded yet.  My system has been working perfect for 7-8 months and then went down tonight, had to delete and add new network and now my time controls think it is a different time zone.

Options
2020-03-20 20:43:32

@PhotoSawyer 

The time zone of the Deco is set upon configuring the Deco system which is taken from the phone. Delete the Deco network, reset the Deco units and configure the system again, it should get the correct time settings from the phone.

Options
2020-03-20 21:02:29

@Tony Please consider adding a better way to remedy this to the Deco's software and app. This is going to be quite painful and take hours! I've got about 30 devices registered on my network and six different profiles. Many devices are for family members who only visit periodically. I've manually set the name on over half the devices so I don't have half-a-dozen "android-[guid]" named devices and, instead, have a name that actually identifies what they are.

Since the time zone shifted on it's own, is there any risk it might shift back own it's own in the future. Or shift again once I fix it?

An export of the Deco's settings and configuration with an import process would be pretty handy. Better yet, allow us to simply fix the clock!

Options
2020-03-20 21:12:32

@PhotoSawyer 

could not agree more!  Here is a link that might help.  I got this morning on an online chat with CS.  https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2644/?utm_medium=select-local

Options
2020-03-20 23:12:49
I just followed the instruction to change via web since not on the app, and my time zone, under Denver is incorrect, it is currently 5:10 pm, and system shows Current Time: 11:10 PM. You have system issue, please fix asap. Thank you. I could send you a screen shot, but it won't let me paste it here.
Options
2020-03-21 03:31:13

@ANielsen Yep, same for me. Changing the Continent and Region is not changing the Current Time in the System Time screen. My local Region is also Denver, but the time being shown is +6 hours (UTC/Greenwich). Setting the Continent to "Europe" and the Region to "London," the time still shows the same +6 hours from Denver. The following snip with taken at 2020-03-21 9:25:50 PM, Mountain Daylight Time.

Change to Lodon, save, wait for success, and reload the page, and still same time:

Definitely something wrong with system.

Options
2020-03-21 13:10:15

@PhotoSawyer Hi.  I'm having the same issue so I also posted something here in the community.  I thought I had a work-around for this.  Last night, it looked like my Deco thought it was four hours later than it really was so I change my bedtime setting to kick in four hour later.  Not ideal, but I expected it to work.  Nope.  I Logged into the M5 this morning and now it thinks it is 16 hours later.  At 9:00 AM local time here in FL, the M5 thought the the time was almost 1:00 *AM* not 1:00 *PM* like it was doing last night.  Very infuriating.  So, apologies, I don't have a solution - I'm just commiserating.

Options
2020-03-22 16:24:37

@PhotoSawyer Pretty rediculous that Deco doesn't know what time it is. But, it's definitely messed up.

Options
2020-03-23 15:21:27

For those that are able to, have the Deco units been reset to see if the time settings are then correct?

Options
2020-03-23 15:23:07

@Tony  Yes, i have reset my Deco's and it did not change anything.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5912

Replies: 33

Related Articles