RE 650 shutting down the internet on Archer C7 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-20 05:12:05

Hi everyone,

I am having issues with my RE650 that is connected through the ethernet cable to my router. I wanted to have a Wi-Fi activated by voice:

1. So I turned off the Wi-Fi on my Archer C7 router
2. Plugged the RE650 to the Archer C7 through the LAN cable and switched it to the access point mode
3. The RE650 is plugged into the smart eletricity plug from Philips that can be activated by voice command

4. So when I want Wi-Fi I say the command > smart plug gets activated and provides electricity to the RE650

The problem is that it usually works just one or two days and then Archer C7 shows that it doesn't have the internet access. When I unplug the RE650 from the archer c7 it goes back to normal. 

Does anyone know what the problem is? Would employing a switch between RE650 and Archer C7 help in any way? I was already trying to solve this problem with Czech TP-Link guys but they were not very helpful unfortunately.

Thank you very much for any advice on how to make this work.

Options
5 Reply
Re:RE 650 shutting down the internet on Archer C7 router
2020-03-20 21:06:39

@KubaLuka 

The Archer C7 not having internet is the result of the WAN port not receiving internet. The RE650 is connected to the Archer C7s LAN port so that does not seem right.

When the issue happens, log into the Archer C7 and look at the Advanced > Network > Internet menu. See if there is still a public IP address or if its all 0's.

Options
2020-03-21 06:56:41

@Tony 

Hi Tony, thank you very much for the quick response. I'll check that out. And what should be the right state of the setup of both devices?

Thank you very much

Options
2020-03-23 19:38:25

@KubaLuka 

When looking at the internet menu, note what your IP address is. If the router is losing internet from the modem the IP will display 0.0.0.0.

What you can also do is to set up the extender as a range extender rather then an AP.

Options
2020-03-23 20:07:47

@Tony 

And will the range extender mode function over LAN?...so the wifi on the Archer C7 router will be turned off no matter what...and the extender will be connected through LAN to it....So the extender will distribute the wifi only when it gets the electricity from the smart plug while the wi-fi on the Archer C7 will be still turned off? I apologize for so many questions. Thank you for your patience.

Options
2020-03-23 20:57:43

@KubaLuka 

The RE650 in extender mode may not be a alternative since you want the Archer C7 Wi-Fi off. A first place to start would be to see what happens to the internet settings when the issue arises.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 894

Replies: 5

Related Articles