AX50 -- 5.0 channel dysfunctional, all else seems ok

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-20 22:34:59
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20200121

I'm trying to connect my new router as an access point, and having wifi issues.

I set the DNS on AX50 off.  WAN port of  the AX50 is connected to one of the LAN ports of the "main" Sonic router with CAT6 ethernet cable.

The "main" router has assigned IP of 192.68.42.95 to the Archer.  Archer is using its default IP for its own clients. 

First, I have both my lapto and phone connected to the AX50 via the 2.4 a/c/g/n wifi channel, and all seems to work fine -- good internet connectivity (about 70Mb/sec per Ookla), strong signal, all hunky dory.

The problem is in the 5.0 channel.  Phone won't connect at all -- it sees the wifi channel, but hangs on "obtaining IP address" until I force it to look for another network.  Laptop seems to connect to the 5.0 channel from the Archer, but it shows "no internet connectivity".  Since the faster 5.0 channel is the whole point of the exercise, I'm a tad frustrated.

And stuck.  All of the settings seem to be right -- suggestions?

Thanks. 

Muldoon

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX50 -- 5.0 channel dysfunctional, all else seems ok
2020-03-23 14:58:46

@Muldoon 

Log into the Archer AX50, and go into the Wireless Settings for the 5GHz. Change the wireless mode to a/n/ac, see if the phone is able to connect.

Options
Re:AX50 -- 5.0 channel dysfunctional, all else seems ok
2020-03-23 15:38:03

Tony wrote

@Muldoon 

Log into the Archer AX50, and go into the Wireless Settings for the 5GHz. Change the wireless mode to a/n/ac, see if the phone is able to connect.

@Tony 

Thanks.  I just did a hard reset and started from scratch -- and all seems to be ok now.  Sure sounds like operator error to me!

Appreciate your input

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 759

Replies: 2

Related Articles