Not seeing wired devices connected to switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-21 11:24:55
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hi my network is as follows:

ISP modem/router-- gigabit switch-- deco main and deco slave both connected to switch in AP mode with ethernet backhaul.

I have a tv wired directly to the slave m4 which shows up as a connected device in the devie list on the app.

None of the devices connected to the switch show as connected devices on the device list. everything works fine, i'd just like to be able to monitor wired devices too through the deco app. is this possible?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Not seeing wired devices connected to switch
2020-03-23 16:02:55

@Dobsie 

Put the Deco main so the switch is connected behind it:

modm/router > Deco main > Switch > everything else (Deco slave)

Options
2020-03-23 20:07:24
Ok I can now see the devices in the deco app however i cannot see any data they use unless i set the main deco unit to router mode. In AP mode i can see that the devices are online but it does not show them downloading or uploading any data. My plusnet router/modem as far as I am aware cannot be set to modem only mode so i will get double NAT if i have both plusnet router and deco unit operating in router mode?
Options
2020-03-23 20:42:48

@Dobsie 

Yes, only thing different is that if you have services you need ports opened for, you would forward the port in the deco, then in the main router forward the same port number but reference the IP the Deco got from the main router.

Options
2020-03-23 21:19:08
Sorry i don't understand- is it normal behaviour to not see any download/upload speed in access point mode then?
Options
2020-03-24 22:21:10

@Dobsie 

To answer you question, in AP Mode you will not see the data.

Here is a FAQ that helps explain: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2399/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3452

Replies: 5

Related Articles