Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
76 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.
2021-03-01 12:18:50

Same problem in <a href="https://bestshotgunmic.com/best-xlr-shotgun-mic/"> xlr shotgun microphone </a> .

Options
Re:Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.
2021-04-02 02:00:17 - last edited 2021-04-02 02:01:24

@R7000_Guy 

Hey buddy had same issue, fixed it by just reapplying firmware.  I read in another thread that this particular firmware can become corrupt (for whatever reason).  I simply went to the TPlink website, grabbed the latest firmware and applied.  It didn't reflect any changes as far as the date of the firmware or release once it was finished, (in other words it still showed the same firmware version), but it did fix my issue with 2g and 5g dropping, so far (fingers crossed). Good luck pal. I hope this helps. 

Options
2021-04-04 09:03:22

@Siciliandude50 

Will try it and update here whether it works or not. Cheers 

Options
2021-04-10 10:43:33

@MaffCloggs 

I believe i've fixed my issue.  Ive done two things, so unsure which has resolved it. 

Ive disabled qos completely.

Ive also turned off all wifi types other than "ac" on both 5ghz channels

I think its the latter limitation of ac only that has resolved this, but i cant be 100% sure.  As things are working ill not be messing anymore.  This router has proved to be a bit of a mixed bag, fabulous at times, but let down by this bug.

Options
2021-04-10 13:11:14

@Phil1234 

Cheers for the update.

Have re-enabled disabled 5G channel (which seemed to have been helping) and changed both to ac only.

Not sure how to REALLY disable QoS, so have just made this change, and will monitor for a while - will likely see issues within a week if the issue from before remains / returns.

Many thanks, M.

Options
2021-04-10 13:29:25

@MaffCloggs 

I agree, in general i was seeing issues every few days before.  So fingers crossed. 

Options
2021-04-14 10:28:55

@Phil1234 

Unfortunately even with that latest setting the dropouts have returned after a couple of days. Reverting back to disabling one of the 5Ghz channels which seems to make the dropouts rare.

Is yours still stable?

If so, would be interested in exactly how you have completely disabled QoS?

Cheers, M.

Options
2021-04-14 11:04:58

@Phil1234 

Actually scrap that.

Just been informed that it was a nationwide VPN issue, which had exactly the same symptoms as when the dropouts occur.

Will continue to monitor with this ac only setting 😊

Options
2021-04-14 11:05:14

@MaffCloggs 

Hi try disabling "sip alg". Also id also disable qos too.  Mine is still rock solid after 3weeks or so now

You will need to log in to the desktop browser to disable this setting.  Its a tick box.  You can do it from your phone, but not from the tether app. 

I remembered this was the one other thing i did.  I read an article online explaining how most consumer routers make a hash of sip alg, so it often works better disabled.  

Options
2021-04-14 21:41:24

@MaffCloggs 

To disable qos, log into tether app, click on tools at the bottom right,  scroll tonthe bottom and click advanced settings, then theres a link to log into the router settings at 192.168.1.1 click that.... Login, and once logged in look at the bottom of the page to show page in pc browser view, click advanced tab at the top of the page.  There is then a qos tab down the left hand side.  Theres a slider to turm it off.  Sip alg is on another tab also in that view

Options
Related Articles