What do I have and/or need

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-22 19:25:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

While settleing an estate I was give a box of misc harware.  Two things look promising.  I have a pair of AC1300 Whole Home Wi-Fi System Model Deco M5 units.  They are identical.  Both power cords look to be wrapped as when new.  I don't know just what I have or need to make a Mesh system work?  Am I missing a 3rd unit or a base unit of some kind?  Please suggest what I need to make it work.  Is this old tech?  Would I be better off with newer hardware?  All I want to do is improve the speed of my desktop that is in a lower level than the router/modem.  Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:What do I have and/or need
2020-03-23 17:36:53

@Paulh7436 

You can have your mesh network with those two Deco M5s, if you like the system you can get another M5 and expand it as needed for up to 10 units.

One of the Deco units must be wired (Ethernet cable) to a network to give it a internet connection so that ususally means to the router. The second unit can then be place in another area and all you need is to connect the power.

However, before you do all that, have both units in the same room of the router and set them up, once you are done move the second unit over.

Here is a FAQ to help you set up the device for reference: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1592/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 1

Related Articles