Incorrect passwords for AV600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-23 10:32:18
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I've recently setup some Powerline AV600 wifi boosters and I'm having issues with all of them dropping out at random points during the day. I had this problem before with an older version and fixed it by setting up a constant ping to the ip address, but can't do this with multiple units (we have 4 of them).

I successfully got all the wifi boosters to mirror the router name and password. I'm now trying to use the TP Link utility to turn off the power save option on all the booster to see if that fixes the problem however I can't login to the boosters using either the router password OR the specific unit password (the one on the back of each unit). 

I haven't set any other passwords so I'm at a loss as to why it's not allowing either or what it could now possibly be...any thoughts?? 

Thanks in advance! 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Incorrect passwords for AV600
2020-03-23 18:17:36

@WhiteRabbit 

What are the model numbers of the powerline devices you are working with? The model usually starts with TL-PA or TL-WPA.

Options
2020-03-24 12:30:07

@Tony 

They are the TL-WPA4220T plus an additional TL-WPA4220

Options
2020-03-24 22:41:54

@WhiteRabbit 

What you can possibly try to do is with one unit factory reset it by holding the reset below for 10 seconds. That should revert the login to admin/admin.

As far as the utility have you tried using the older one? https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wpa4220kit/#Utility

All it does it get you to the login page on your browser.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 961

Replies: 3

Related Articles