Archer A7 USB Hard Drive Connection information for anyone that's had "Drive not recognised"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A7 USB Hard Drive Connection information for anyone that's had "Drive not recognised"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-23 14:34:21
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Posting this for people's information as it might help people that have had issues with connecting hard drives to the USB Port. To cut a long story short I had problems with the drive being recognized, it showed up in the logs but wouldn't appear in the USB devices list. Through trial and error, I tried every format and after talking to tech support I decided to try EXT4, that didn't work but to format the device I used Aomi Partition Assistant through windows and because the app was still open I used it to switch the drive back to NTFS format rather than use Windows Disk Management and bizarrely it now worked perfectly.

The software I used can be downloaded from https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager.html and I would be very curious if someone that had difficulties with this can try it and see if it works for them.

Stuart.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1233

Replies: 0