Parental Control settings and HomeCare confusion

Wednesday - last edited Wednesday
Model: Archer AX50
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20200121

I just got a new TP router and none of the Parental Controls look like the Knowledgebase articles.  It's an AX50 (working great with connectivity).
When I use the browser to edit the router settings, and click on "Parental Controls" it no longer has any controls within the router.  It's just a static page telling me to use the Tether app, which gives access to HomeCare settings.  I did that, but the controls in the app seem really basic compared to what you could do before, when the web filtering was right in the router controls.  Also confusing; the TPLink web site describes a "HomeCare Pro" service, but I don't see a way to manage my HomeCare subscription.  The whole system seems to put distance between the user and the Parental Control settings.
Are there any home routers in the TP line-up that let you change Parental Controls in the browser interface, rather than the Tether app?

Thanks!

Bridgecross

Options
3 Replies
Re:Parental Control settings and HomeCare confusion
Thursday

@Bridgecross 

Currently the AX50 is implementing the app only HomeCare featue. The AX6000 allows the use of HomeCare via the GUI.

Options
Saturday

@Tony Thanks, that's good to know.  On the AX6000, can you program real firewall rules (block specific sites)?  And is there a limit to the number of rules?

Options
Yesterday

@Bridgecross 

With the AX6000, you can list specific sites. It can take some messing with to get the URL. If I remember correctly I had to use www.sitename.com when I tried other variations it didn't work. Another factor I think was if the site is cached in the browser that can still load it.

Options