[BUGS] AX1500 Network Map connection icons are wrong and other GUI sloppiness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[BUGS] AX1500 Network Map connection icons are wrong and other GUI sloppiness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:[BUGS] AX1500 Network Map connection icons are wrong and other GUI sloppiness
2020-04-06 15:22:28

@Sparky672 

Thank you for the information.

I will inquire with HQ to follow up with asap with your observations and concerns.

Options
Re:[BUGS] AX1500 Network Map connection icons are wrong and other GUI sloppiness
2020-04-07 18:45:17

@Sparky672 

HQ passed me new firmware for you to try, before you update the router, perform a factory reset first or, back up your router configuration, then factory reset the router and then install this firmware. Do not restore the file after, just leave the router as is, and connect your devices to see if the same issue happens.

http://support.tp-link.com/f/03d42c2716/?dl=1

Download the file, and extract it, upload the .bin file in the Advanced > System > Firmware Upgrade menu, upload the .bin file.

Options
2020-04-07 18:50:57 - last edited 2020-04-07 18:51:17

@Tony 

Tony wrote

@Sparky672 

Do not restore the file after, just leave the router as is, and connect your devices to see if the same issue happens.

If I cannot restore the router using my backup, what is the point of doing the backup?

Otherwise, if this new firmware works, then how can I restore my original settings?

If this new firmware does not work, then how can I go back to the old firmware and how can I restore my settings?

Options
2020-04-07 21:05:46

@Sparky672 

The point in my previous post was to see if it works which I am asuming it did. In that case please try to upload your backup, if that works then you should be good to go.

If the restore does not work then please take the time to reconfigure your router.

Options
2020-04-08 01:08:20

@Tony 

Tony wrote

@Sparky672 

The point in my previous post was to see if it works which I am asuming it did. In that case please try to upload your backup, if that works then you should be good to go.

If the restore does not work then please take the time to reconfigure your router.

I have not done anything yet because I did not have the time to setup the router from scratch if needed.

I will let you know as soon as I am able to find some time to try this out.  Thank you!

Options
2020-04-08 20:58:37 - last edited 2020-04-08 21:03:14

@Tony 

Tony wrote

@Sparky672 

I did the firmware upgrade...

After the upgrade, I did not have restore my backup or reset any of the settings.  ALL settings were retained throughout upgrade & reboot.

However, the problem is the same!... Apple TV, Samsung TV (not shown), Samsung Refrigerator (not shown), Samsung Range, and iPod Touch all showing Ethernet icon instead of the wifi.  All are connected with Wifi.

Ugh.... I just re-read your post.  I did not do the factory reset!!  I will try again when I get a chance.

Options
2020-04-09 00:02:54 - last edited 2020-04-09 00:07:28

@Tony 

I finally did it correctly.  I did a full factory reset.  This problem still exists!  It's actually worse than before because although the Samsung kitchen appliances are connected to the Wifi, they are not showing up in the device list at all.

Many of the other devices on Wifi are showing the Ethernet icon... and a few of the devices refuse to show up until I do a ping from the system diagostics screen.  Very frustrating.  I spent a lot of time working on this only to find out the firmware you sent was dated 3/1/2020 which is long before I ever purchased this router and started reporting these issues, therefore it's clear that this firmware revision either has nothing to do with my bug reports or they sent the wrong version.  

Options
2020-04-09 21:11:06

@Sparky672 

Thanks for the update, I will follow up and see what I can find.

Options
2020-04-10 21:24:21

@Sparky672 

Looks like we are still not able pinpoint issue as it can not be replicated when tested on our end. It might be an issue with the router itself.

Options
Related Articles