remote access through a VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-27 20:48:32
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

Hello,

I am a relatively new user of this modem router and would like help setting up its VPN function.  I want to remotely view home security cameras using a VPN .  I already subscribe to a VPN service and was wondering how I set up the Archer with the information provided by the service?

Options
1 Reply
Re:remote access through a VPN
2020-03-28 00:19:46

@SDJ 

Hi SDJ.  We don't actually sell that product here in the US so the support we can provide on it is very limited.  It appears it has our standard VPN server feature.  This allows you to create a VPN on the router via OpenVPN, PPTP VPN, and IPsec VPN.  If you are running VPN software on a PC the router can act as a VPN passthrough using IPsec, PPTP and L2TP. 

I do not see that it can act as an VPN Client though.  Again our knowledge and support on this device is limited.  You can of course also post your question on our global community community.tp-link.com/en as our global support team would be more knowledgable about this specific device and its features. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 780

Replies: 1